Monday 23 April 2018

Red Carpet Jewellery - by Fraser Ross



Hey guys it's Allison from fab sugar TV and I'm so excited about this next video. I was lucky enough to go behind-the-scenes at two of Hollywood's biggest jewellers, Martin Katz and Tiffany and company where celebrities go to get their red-carpet jewels. I just about passed out when they put a two-million-dollar ring on my finger. I have a few questions for you guys, so be sure to comment after you watch.

First what was your favourite piece? I think mine was the one where my Claire Danes and second if you were on the red carpet what would you wear? Let me know what you think in the comments and don't forget to subscribe. We're always dazzled by the beautiful baubles we see our favourite celebrities wearing on the red carpet, but it's not every day that you get to see and touch the actual pieces they wear. So today we're heading to Hollywood's biggest jewellers, Martin Katz and Tiffany and company to find out how much those red-carpet jewels really cost. Twenty million dollars, what they feel like up close, so lights and get a sneak peek at some of the hottest jewellery trends of the season.

We're going to see colour on the red carpet like you haven't seen before. First on the red carpet in 1992 was Sharon Stone. I've chosen three pieces here that you've seen on the red carpet, here's a sapphire earring that Frieda Pinto was wearing from Slumdog Millionaire and the beauty is and you see the light pastel sapphire, the dark little pinpoints of dark sapphire and you see there's even pink in there. Now this next pen Felicity Huffman wore in her hair, it's titanium so it's very, very light this is two hundred thousand dollars. We're not done yet because she also had earrings on, oh and these are pear shaped earrings, often referred to as the Oprah style earrings, there you are. Oh all right so let's get a grand total I’ve got two hundred thousand in my hair and 168,000 in my ears. Just have them all tell me about this ring that we got here, Claire Danes wore this to the Emmys 2002, this is an 10 carat pink diamond, the setting on this pink diamond it's in rose gold or pink gold and we're set with them pink diamonds around. This just was the crowning element to the whole ensemble. I really can't breathe right now. It does have a way of taking your breath away, as does the two million dollar price tag.
Wait I’ve got two million dollars on, I can't say two million dollars on my ring rack and flustered. So now that I’ve been dripped in diamonds, thank you so much for showing us the jewels that the celebrities have been wearing. So after Martin Katz, we came here to Tiffany & Company, another red-carpet jewellery staple. Their diamond experts told us about Natalie Portman's two million-dollar earrings and Kate Winslet yellow gold necklace and of course while I’m here I have to try on some jewels. So this year at the 2011 SAG Awards Natalie Portman worth Tiffany and she looks fantastic. I have the earrings she wore right here, this is 32 carats worth of fancy intense yellow diamonds, they're worth two million dollars. So Natalie didn’t stop there, she actually piled on three pave bracelets.

This is the year of Natalie Portman she's already won Best Actress at the sides and Best Actress at the Golden Globes and we have the necklace that she Ward's the Golden Globes this year. It's 68 thousand dollars worth of bezel-set diamonds, Kate Winslet always looks classic and for the 2010 Oscars to present two worlds, two stacked bracelets that look almost identical to the one I have here and she topped it off with a 3.1 million dollar necklace. So to get the full Kate Winslet effect, he stacked a colourless diamond bracelet alongside it. So this is what six hundred and twenty-five thousand dollars of diamonds on your wrist looks like and let's find out what trends you can expect to see celebrities wearing this season.

Green has been a big red carpet trend from Angelina Jolie, Mila Kunis this season. It's definitely going to be about colour this year this is a beautiful 20 carat emerald. This is an old button probably from some Maharaja, this is a bead, the cycle wheel is a button with other small beads and what we call diamond relays. These are very small diamonds cut like pineapples. I love it get ready to see colour for the yellow cocktail rings - diamond drop earrings, we're excited to see if our red carpet trend predictions really come true. Check out pop sugars live coverage of the 2011 Oscars. I'm Allison, thanks for watching fab sugar TV.


No comments:

Post a Comment